[gopher] Motsognir question

Martin Kukac logout128 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:03:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

just yesterday I switched after five happy years from Gophernicus to
Motsognir, because CentOS 7 has no inetd by default and I didn't figure
out how to make it work with just systemd.

Now I'm in the process of converting all my gophermaps and scripts to
make them work on the new server. I have couple of executable PHP
scripts, that I want to run using =./filename.php and that's where the
problem is: the working path inside the PHP script or even in the
gophermap is always set to / not to the directory where the map/script
is. I have to do =/var/gopher/something/something/filename.php and in
the PHP code I have to do the very same.

What am I missing? With Gophernicus the path was alright, so maybe I
have to configure something what is not obvious from Motsognir user guide?

Thanks

Martin / i-logout.cz