[gopher] ML moderator election

Matt Owen (Jaruzel) jaruzel at jaruzel.com
Tue Aug 8 15:59:06 UTC 2017

In article <20170808154140.GA13948 at gmail.com>, habreu71-
Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org says...
>On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 09:06:34AM -0600, SiMpLe MaChInEs wrote:
>>
>> Anyway.. What if we just moved the mailing list elsewhere, maybe to
>> suckless.org or floodgap.com?
>>

>There is already a newsgroup comp.infosystems.gopher , if that can be an
option.

Looking at it on Google Groups (ugh), it seems nice an quiet and not very
spammy.

Pros: It's visible to drive-by people interested in Gopher.
      It's [one of] the original homes for Gopher discussion.
Cons: It's NNTP or Google Groups only, and not a mailing list as well.
      People connecting and posting via their local NNTP server, would
experience a delay in getting replies (I'm not sure of the replication
speeds these days).

-Jar