[gopher] Gopher Community Infrastructure...

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Wed Aug 9 18:52:36 UTC 2017

On 8/9/2017 12:47 AM, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Thank you for keeping up the good points.
>
> The TL;DR for the others, of Bradley's posting is:
> * Democracy leaves people with a different opinion out, so we need consensus
>    by talking about the issues.
> * The moderation bit on the mailinglist is the problem.
> * We should simply ask alioth to remove the bit and set more than one person
>    as an admin, so we have a »crew« of people who could respond to problems.
> * Moving to another provider provokes too many questions.
> * Consistency is a key, so breaking up to somewhere else breaks legacy and
>    archives. (More work.)
> * A suggestion to have a domain for a project under which the mailinglist or
>    the gopher efforts can be seen. (See my comments below.)

Thanks for the bulleted points Christoph, and aplogies to @James :) I am
a bit loquacious at times.

I'm fine with everything that has followed so far, and yes,
gopher-project.org, aside from being a bit spartan, could serve as a
fine face linking the various resources, etc.

--
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services

---