[gopher] ML moderator election

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Tue Aug 15 19:36:55 UTC 2017

On 8/13/2017 8:31 PM, David Meyer wrote:

> gopher://grex.org/1/~papa/gopherml <http://grex.org/1/%7Epapa/gopherml>

Interesting observation on my part in Thunderbird 52.2.1:

The link above doesn't include the gopher:// protocoal designation for
the URI, so when clicked on, although I'm shifted to Firefox to have the
link served, it prepends the http:// which results in a 404 from the
Nginx server - if I manually prepend the gopher:// then it serves up
those archives just fine.

There used to be a TB plugin that enabled web browsing from withing
Thunderbird. I  can't remember the name of it now - Thunderbrowse or
something like that, not even sure if it's still around, but it sure
would  be nice if those Gopher protocol links resolved as such instead
of just the hostname with the rest of the URI.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part, huh?

Cameron, your thoughts or comments on that?

--
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services

---