[gopher] Android Gopher clients

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sat Nov 18 18:53:39 UTC 2017

> So, Overbite Android no longer works for me, because my new phone has no
> way to simulate pushing the menu button (which hasn't actually been on
> new handsets since 2012!). It looks like someone recently released a new
> client on the play store called DiggieDog, are there any other options
> (besides, of course, sshing out and using lynx... but talk about a
> miserable experience)

Which phone? On my Google Pixel, the menu button automatically appears. On
Samsung devices, you can either touch and hold back for a couple seconds, or
see

	https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/141278/how-do-i-simulate-menu-button-on-android-6

There are also a few apps that claim to add it back. This one says it does
not need root privileges, but YMMV and IHNTI:

	https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jettoast.menubutton&hl=en

-- So what's my point? I don't know, it's fun to talk about. -- Judy Blackburn