[libhid-discuss] Also, problem when not using libhid

fdsfdsfs sdfsf d07 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 20 01:15:15 UTC 2007

As explained in my previous post, my experience is that libhid
doesn't do any real input/output, so I decided to work with the
/dev/usb/hiddev0 device, sending/receiving using the ioctl
interface. This is almost working, my device is a "loopback"
report, it sends what it receives. Mostly it works, but every
now and then it appears the out bound report does not arrive,
and also my device starts to behave incorrectly, i.e. I have to
blinking leds, which indicate that the usb connection is ok, but
sometimes, it stops blinking. After sending a few more times
it will start flashing again. Any ideas? (my report is 8 bytes
buffer) As I said before it works with Windows, wanted to
port to Linux as well. My device is microchip pic 18f2550
I am willing to send my firmware if someone wants to try
using libhid.
Tia