[libhid-discuss] Also, problem when not using libhid

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:47:55 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, fdsfdsfs sdfsf <d07 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> As explained in my previous post, my experience is that libhid
> doesn't do any real input/output, so I decided to work with the
> /dev/usb/hiddev0 device, sending/receiving using the ioctl
> interface. This is almost working, my device is a "loopback"
> report, it sends what it receives. Mostly it works, but every
> now and then it appears the out bound report does not arrive,
> and also my device starts to behave incorrectly, i.e. I have to
> blinking leds, which indicate that the usb connection is ok, but
> sometimes, it stops blinking. After sending a few more times
> it will start flashing again. Any ideas? (my report is 8 bytes
> buffer) As I said before it works with Windows, wanted to
> port to Linux as well. My device is microchip pic 18f2550
> I am willing to send my firmware if someone wants to try
> using libhid.
> Tia

I am not a USB/HID expert but I can give it a try. I do not know
much about host programming but I am quite good at messing
up with Linux/libusb if you have the example codes. I am also
a big fan of PIC and USB PICs. I am the main tester to get
PICkit 2 (an HID device) ported to Linux. I also got it working
under FreeBSD.

As far as I know, hiddev does not work well with generic
HID device. That is why there is a new developement called
hid bus to support raw HID from Linux-usb-devel list.

Regards,
Xiaofan

http://mcuee.blogspot.com
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=123533