RE : debian and gentoo branches [to be removed]

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Nov 14 10:10:27 UTC 2009

Hello

> Well,

> The fact is that we have a gentoo and debian branch since we have tools in the
> debian and gentoo project that understand the git structure and will then use
> the right branch.

> Before removing/moving anything we have to take a decision with Frederic about
> how we will work with debian.

> For gentoo, I think we can remove it since it's only one small file.

> So Frederic, what I suggest is keeping the debian branch and add a debian branch
> in the new editors.git and libraries.git so we will be able to build packages
> respectively for:
>  * The compiler:
>    - lisaac
>    - lisaac-common
>    - lisaac-doc (shorter)
>  * Editors:
>    - lisaac-vim-mode
>    - lisaac-kate-mode
>    - lisaac-emacs-mode
>    - lisaac-EDITOR-mode ...
>  * Libraries:
>    - libbase-lisaac
>    - libopengl-lisaac
>    - libLIBRARY-lisaac ...

Ok so what you are discribing are the debian pakages names.
Maybe the best things to do is to have independant repository for the
packaging. No interaction with the upstreazm developpement.
No risk to make a mistake on the central repository.

So what I propose is

pkg-lisaac.git repository
pkg-lisaac-editors.git repository
pkg-lisaac-libs.git repository

the alioth way :)

then we importe directly on the standard git-buildpackage branch hierarchy
the official .tar.gz for each tree upstream repository.

lets call them:
lisaac.tar.gz
lisaac-editors.tar.gz
lisaac-libs.tar.gz

what do you think about this.

See you

Frederic

PS: It means that we need a target in the upstream makefile to produce thoses
.tar.gz files.