RE : debian and gentoo branches [to be removed]

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:29:24 UTC 2009

On 11:10 Sat 14 Nov     , PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello
>
> > Well,
>
> > The fact is that we have a gentoo and debian branch since we have tools in the
> > debian and gentoo project that understand the git structure and will then use
> > the right branch.
>
> > Before removing/moving anything we have to take a decision with Frederic about
> > how we will work with debian.
>
> > For gentoo, I think we can remove it since it's only one small file.
>
> > So Frederic, what I suggest is keeping the debian branch and add a debian branch
> > in the new editors.git and libraries.git so we will be able to build packages
> > respectively for:
> >  * The compiler:
> >    - lisaac
> >    - lisaac-common
> >    - lisaac-doc (shorter)
> >  * Editors:
> >    - lisaac-vim-mode
> >    - lisaac-kate-mode
> >    - lisaac-emacs-mode
> >    - lisaac-EDITOR-mode ...
> >  * Libraries:
> >    - libbase-lisaac
> >    - libopengl-lisaac
> >    - libLIBRARY-lisaac ...
>
> Ok so what you are discribing are the debian pakages names.
> Maybe the best things to do is to have independant repository for the
> packaging. No interaction with the upstreazm developpement.
> No risk to make a mistake on the central repository.
>
> So what I propose is
>
> pkg-lisaac.git repository
> pkg-lisaac-editors.git repository
> pkg-lisaac-libs.git repository
>
> the alioth way :)
>
> then we importe directly on the standard git-buildpackage branch hierarchy
> the official .tar.gz for each tree upstream repository.
>
> lets call them:
> lisaac.tar.gz
> lisaac-editors.tar.gz
> lisaac-libs.tar.gz
>
> what do you think about this.

When we do a release, in the lisaac-X.tar.gz, you will have, compiler,
documentation, editors support, external libraries (opengl etc..)

I think keeping a debian branch in each git we want things to debian is easier
and more flexible. I suggest a the beginning to have one in compiler.git and
editors.git.

Then we can release libraries independantly when a library is ready (opengl,
sqlite, etc...).

The fact is that the final lisaac-X.tar.gz tarball contains to much things and
it's quite big to each time upload it to debian (about 15M) due to PDF
ducumentation etc..

Greetings,
--
 ,''`.| ====== Xavier Oswald  ====== | mail: xoswald at debian.org         |