RE : 0.39 beta

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:06:32 UTC 2009

On 11/17/2009 10:31 AM, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
>> Or we could have the same kind of options ?
>>
> As thay said when you develop your how makefile, you are facing the same problem already solved by the autotools in the past.
> the more you put in your Makefile the less it is readable.

The autotools put much more things in the Makefile than there is in our
current Makefile :)
> One advantage of the autotools is that it is "well" known by distributors.

EXCEPT: Lisaac is so simple to compile that learning the autotools, do
it right, and explain how it works to the rest of the team will take too
much time compared to just write the make dist* or whatever you need.

>> > But before doing a change, is there a real problem with the current system ?
>>
> maintenability ?

Just how ?

if Lisaac becomes more complicated to compile (and by that I mean far
more complicated). Perhaps we will think of the autotools. For now, I
don't think it is a good solution.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya