dynamic prototype name to avoid ambiguity

Mildred Ki'Lya mildred593 at online.fr
Fri Oct 9 23:27:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

During the meeting, we discovered a potential problem with error messages.
The prototype name in error message often only include the short name
(just the part of the filename) and not the long name (with all the
directories separated with '.').

Now, I added something in the stable branch to solve this issue.
Prototypes will have their directory name appended at the beginning only
if there is a risk of confusion. And only enough directories will be
included to distinguish between the two prototypes.

There is a test related to that in the tests directory.

The idea is that if you have the following three prototypes:

A.PROTO
A.DIR1.PROTO
A.DIR2.PROTO
A.DIR2.TEST

Then, their name will appear respectively as:

A.PROTO
DIR1.PROTO
DIR2.PROTO
TEST

Hopefully, that should remove all ambiguity in error messages.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────