[Logcheck-devel] Moving a rule to its package ? [Fwd: Suggestion : include /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/sympa in sympa package]

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 07:14:47 UTC 2008

also sprach Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> [2008.04.16.1147 +0200]:
> Should the rules be included in the sympa package, to be adapted to
> updates of the program, or be kept in logcheck-database (for cases of
> manual installations of sympa ?).

I think it makes more sense to have it distributed by sympa.

> If the file were to be moved, would there be a need for
> a diversion to adapt to the transitional period where it would
> have been added in sympa and not yet removed from
> logcheck-database, maybe ?

You take the file and upload a new version, which Replaces logcheck
and let us know. We can then upload a new version without the file.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"i am not in favour of long engagements. they give people the
 opportunity of finding out each other's character before marriage,
 which i think is never advisable."
                                                        -- oscar wilde