Read failing with minicom

Oisin Curtin Oisin.Curtin@PhoenixFltOps.com
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:19:31 +0000

nidhi.puri@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> No..i am not starting minicom with -o option. I am starting it with
> minicom -s.

Read The Fantastic Manpage...

         -s   Setup.  Root edits the system-wide defaults
              in  /etc/minirc.dfl with this option.  When
              it is used, minicom  does  not  initialize,
[snip]
         -o   Do not initialize. Minicom  will  skip  the
              initialization  code.  This option is handy
[snip]

Different option, same effect.  Minicom is not initializing the port.
The man page has more to say about -o and -s, I suggest you RTFM.

I also suggest you use -s for it's intended purpose.  Make your settings and
save them as an alternate configuration, do not keep running the program in -s
mode.  Once you "SAVE AS" your configuration (frex: SAVE AS usbtest) you can
start minicom with that configuration.  Frex:

         minicom usbtest

then minicom will use the correct port and initialize it too.

PS.  Please send mail to the list only.  I don't need the extra copy.  :-)

--
Oisin  "Repeat The Following Mantra
         Read The Fascinating Manual"  Curtin