Read failing with minicom

nidhi.puri@wipro.com nidhi.puri@wipro.com
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:05:10 +0530

Hi=0D

I tried ur option also (create a configuration using -s and starting
minicom using that configuration) ...but no change ........=0D

I think that the problem lies somewhere else......still working on it.
Any other idea???  :)

Nidhi Puri=0D
A WINNER is not the one who never fails,
                he is the one who never gives up..................

-----Original Message-----
From: minicom-devel-admin@lists.alioth.debian.org
[mailto:minicom-devel-admin@lists.alioth.debian.org] On Behalf Of Oisin
Curtin
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:50 PM
To: minicom-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Read failing with minicom

nidhi.puri@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi
>=0D
> No..i am not starting minicom with -o option. I am starting it with
> minicom -s.

Read The Fantastic Manpage...

         -s   Setup.  Root edits the system-wide defaults
              in  /etc/minirc.dfl with this option.  When
              it is used, minicom  does  not  initialize,
[snip]
         -o   Do not initialize. Minicom  will  skip  the
              initialization  code.  This option is handy
[snip]

Different option, same effect.  Minicom is not initializing the port.
The man page has more to say about -o and -s, I suggest you RTFM.

I also suggest you use -s for it's intended purpose.  Make your settings
and=0D
save them as an alternate configuration, do not keep running the program
in -s=0D
mode.  Once you "SAVE AS" your configuration (frex: SAVE AS usbtest) you
can=0D
start minicom with that configuration.  Frex:

         minicom usbtest

then minicom will use the correct port and initialize it too.

PS.  Please send mail to the list only.  I don't need the extra copy.
:-)

--=0D
Oisin  "Repeat The Following Mantra
         Read The Fascinating Manual"  Curtin

Confidentiality Notice=0D

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to=
 this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or=
 privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or=
 Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately