libiconv error (symbol not found) but libiconv.so.2 IS present under /usr/local/lib

Netcool Netcool leo.netcool at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 19:15:59 UTC 2005

Hi Adam,

I have tried both ways, with and without the parameter. Both cases
config goes ok, I do the make and the install, but when running
"minicom -s" I get the following error:

bash-2.05# minicom -s
ld.so.1: minicom: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
bash-2.05#

In fact, I didn't notice this error since the first build was "as is"
with configure giving no errors. The error appears in the config log
file.

Also, I have added /usr/local/bin using crle:

bash-2.05# crle -i /usr/local/lib
bash-2.05# crle

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Default Library Path (ELF):   /usr/lib  (system default)
  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /usr/lib/secure  (system default)

Directory: /usr/local/lib
  libgcc_s.so.1
  libstdc++.so.6.0.2
  libiconv.so.2.2.0
  libiconv_plug.so
  libstdc++.so.6
  libgcc_s.so
  libcharset.so.1
  libstdc++.so
  libcharset.so
  libcharset.so.1.0.0
  libiconv.so.2
  libiconv.so.2.1.0
  libiconv.so

Command line:
  crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -i /usr/local/lib

bash-2.05# minicom -s
ld.so.1: minicom: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
bash-2.05#

Anything else I could try?

Regards,