[Neurodebian-devel] Packaging of anatomist

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:22:31 UTC 2011

Hey,

thanks for all the guidance so far!

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 05:11:02PM +0100, Denis Rivière wrote:
> we always use an environment variable ($BRAINVISA_SHARE) pointing to the share/
> directory. Normally if it is not present, it defaults to a "more
> normal" path, but I have to check whether it defaults to
> /usr/local/share or to /usr/share, or relatively to the executable,
> or looks to sevral of them. I will look at it and tell you. Maybe
> it's the key of the problem.

Yes, that was the key. Maybe I was a little confused that missing
datafiles would result in a segfault ;-) Setting the BRAINVISA_SHARE
variable to the proper location allowed me to start anatomist.

It will take me a while to familiarize myself with anatomist. My initial
attempt to put a 'paint volume' on top of a volume rendered anatomical
failed badly -- it looks like a complex piece of software ;-)

I'll be on vacation next week, and will continue with this project
afterwards. I started taking notes on some issues that we should discuss
in terms of optimal packaging of brainvisa (starting with anatomist, but
with the rest already in mind).

Cheers,

Michael

--