[Neurodebian-devel] python-expyriment uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Mar 7 10:48:10 UTC 2014

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014, Oliver Lindemann wrote:

>    Dear Yaroslav,

>    you proposed that Experyment should also run under xvfb.  I am not sure
>    that I understood correctly, why you want that. What kind of application
>    do you have in mind?

>    If I run, for instance,  Expyriment on remote machine, I switch merely
>    switch of opengl (expyriment.control.defaults.open_gl = False ). You can
>    also run testsuite without OGL using  the command line interface:
>
>        python -m expyriment.cli -gT

>    Of course, we should automatize that under xvfb. But I think that doesn't
>    help you, right?

that was only related to running tests you might have while building the
package, to verify its correct operation in any particular environment
(release of Debian/Ubuntu).  If you could run those without xvfb (i.e.
any display), then it would be cool -- I have suggested xvfb simply as a
way to provide a DISPLAY so that any tests requiring it might proceed.

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org