[Neurodebian-devel] ANTS

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:05:46 UTC 2014

Hi Yaroslav,

> Any obvious clue why lintian complaints
> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/shlib-with-non-pic-code.html#ants
> while I see only that we did build with -fPIC and -shared:

I seem to remember that I saw something strange in the cmake rules:
there was one static library that got actually shared, i.e. linked into
all of the other shared libraries, and then the lot of shared libraries
that are used only by one executable each. I was surprised that this
actually worked, because on amd64 object files compiled without -fPIC
and linked into shared libraries usually give runtime errors.

Actually, at a second look the other libraries are all specified without
STATIC or SHARED and BUILD_SHARED_LIBS is set to ON.

> also -- now we got all the libraries under /usr/lib (while before went under
> /usr/lib/ants) --
What exactly constitutes "before"?

> any good reason for polluting public space? ;)
No, from debian/rules I don't know what could be the reason, I don't see
anything that i did that would change the installation location. Could
be that moving to debhelper 9 did something? Maybe then all the
libraries were compiled static and therefore lintian didn't complain?

Best
Gert