[Neurodebian-devel] Insight Toolkit to bump 4.9.0

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:23:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 14:00 -0400, Matt McCormick wrote:

> A humble request: could the Insight Toolkit packages please be
> updated for ITK 4.9.0? It is available for the bleeding edge Debian
> [1] and Ubuntu [2], but some people request a backport for older
> Ubuntu, etc., and NeuroDebian does a great job at this.

A note of warning with the Python bindings: In ITK-4.9 the bindings are
created via castxml, and this will need a sufficiently new version of
clang. I know that in Ubuntu trusty the clang version was too old.

For Distributions with pre 5.0 g++ gccxml should work instead, but I
don't know whether this is still codified in ITK-4.9.

Apart from that I have a Ubuntu trusty package without Python bindings
and without debug packages in a PPA [3].

[3] https://launchpad.net/~gert-die/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-mia

best,
Gert