[Nut-upsdev] APC CyberFort 350 problems with newhidups

Justin Maggard jmaggard10 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:41:11 UTC 2006

The behavior on this one seems very reproducible.  It's as if the driver has
no idea that the UPS status has changed.  Here is output from newhidups -DD
during a simulated power failure.  I had someone just unplug the UPS power
cord, and let the battery run down.  He let it run down until the beep
pattern changed, indicating the battery level reached the critical point;
waited 30 seconds, and then plugged the power cord back in.
process_status_info never changes.  Here is the newhidups -DD output:
debug level is '2'
Checking device (0000/0000) (003/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: USB UHCI Root Hub
- Serial Number: 5c001020
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (051D/0002) (003/002)
- VendorID: 051d
- ProductID: 0002
- Manufacturer: American Power Conversion
- Product: Back-UPS ES/CyberFort 350 FW: 3.1.I USB FW: d1
- Serial Number: AB0210142465
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device matches
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 402)
Report descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 402)
Found HID device
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

Report Descriptor size = 402
Detected a UPS: American Power Conversion/Back-UPS ES/CyberFort 350 FW:
3.1.I USB FW: d1
Using subdriver: APC/CyberPower HID 0.9
entering identify_ups(0x051d, 0x0002)

Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.RemainingTimeLimit
Can't find object UPS.Battery.ConfigVoltage
Can't find object UPS.Battery.Temperature
-> String: PbAc (len = 4/4)
Can't find object UPS.Battery.ManufacturerDate
Can't find object UPS.Battery.APCBattReplaceDate
Can't find object UPS.Output.PercentLoad
Can't find object UPS.PowerConverter.PercentLoad
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.Output.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.Battery.Test
Can't find object UPS.Output.Test
Can't find object UPS.Battery.Temperature
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.AudibleAlarmControl
Can't find object UPS.ManufacturerDate
Can't find object UPS.Output.ConfigActivePower
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ACPresent
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Discharging
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Charging
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ShutdownImminent
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.BelowRemainingCapacityLimit
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Overload
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.NeedReplacement
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.RemainingTimeLimitExpired
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.BatteryPresent
process_status_info: !chrg
process_status_info: !dischrg
process_status_info: online
process_status_info: !lowbatt
process_status_info: !shutdownimm
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.FullyCharged
Can't find object UPS.Output.Overload
Can't find object UPS.Output.Boost
Can't find object UPS.Input.Voltage
Can't find object UPS.Input.ConfigVoltage
Can't find object UPS.Input.LowVoltageTransfer
Can't find object UPS.Input.HighVoltageTransfer
Can't find object UPS.Output.Voltage
Can't find object UPS.Output.ConfigVoltage
Can't find object UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.Test
Can't find object UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.Test
Can't find object UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.Test
Can't find object UPS.APCPanelTest
Can't find object UPS.APCPanelTest
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.Output.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.DelayBeforeStartup
Can't find object UPS.Output.DelayBeforeStartup
Can't find object UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.Output.DelayBeforeShutdown
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.AudibleAlarmControl
Can't find object UPS.PowerSummary.AudibleAlarmControl
upsdrv_updateinfo...
-> String: PbAc (len = 4/4)
process_status_info: !chrg
process_status_info: !dischrg
process_status_info: online
process_status_info: !lowbatt
process_status_info: !shutdownimm
dstate_init: sock /var/run/nut/newhidups-auto open on fd 5
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Waiting for notifications...
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Waiting for notifications...
..........last two lines repeated several times........
-> String: PbAc (len = 4/4)
process_status_info: !chrg
process_status_info: !dischrg
process_status_info: online
process_status_info: !lowbatt
process_status_info: !shutdownimm
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Waiting for notifications...
..........repeated several times........