[Nut-upsdev] help with TRIPP LITE SMART550USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:27:41 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, julio sheinbaum <jsheinbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Report Descriptor size = 52
>  Report Descriptor: (200 bytes) => 06 A0 FF 09 01 A1 01 09 02 A1 00 06 A1 FF
> 09 03

Hmm, I'm not sure why we have a mismatch here... they should both be 52, IIRC.

>  Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/TRIPP LITE SMART550USB
[...]
>  Unknown protocol (2001)Attached to Tripp Lite SMART550USB
>  send_cmd(msg_len=2, type='S')
>  Unknown value for s[2]: 0x34

The problem stems from the "Unknown protocol" message. All of the
information in tripplite_usb is based on observation of units running
under Windows, and you are the first one to try it with that protocol
number.

Are you interested in connecting the UPS to a Windows system for
testing? You probably do not want the Windows system to be plugged
into the UPS at the time, since you will need to discharge the battery
so that we can see the on-battery and low-battery conditions.

--
- Charles Lepple