[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r746 - trunk/packaging/RedHat

Niels Baggesen nba at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 17 11:50:32 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 08:51:42PM -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
> With automake, we collectively need to check to see if 'make
> distcheck' still works after adding or removing files. Basically,
> nothing will make its way into the NUT distribution tarball unless it
> is somehow mentioned in one of the Makefile.am files. See the
> packaging/RedHat directory for an example.

My bad, I didn't know about distcheck. Is it documented anywhere?

> Niels, thank you for spotting the extra nut.spec file in SVN; however,
> it needs to be added to configure.in's AC_OUTPUT section in order to
> be generated from nut.spec.in. I will commit that change shortly. Can
> you test the generated file? If it works, we'll assume the same change
> works for mandriva.

Thanks, I must have missed it when checking my svn diff.

There are some further inconsistencies in the nut.spec that I will have
to rule out shortly as I am deploying the rpm internally.

/Niels

Niels Baggesen -- @home -- Århus -- Denmark -- niels at baggesen.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers  --  R W Hamming