[Nut-upsdev] Powercom Imperial/Black Knight USB support for NUT

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Oct 23 16:15:05 UTC 2008

Citeren Sergiy Yegorov <prapor at unixzone.org.ua>:

>>> just to be sure, for other users: what is the name of the port you've
>>> indicated in ups.conf (my guess is ttyUSB0 since the powercom driver
>>> has no real USB support)?
> Sure, it is /dev/ttyUSB0 via cypress_m8 kernel driver.

That's something that's hardly surprising, although the fact that the
cypress_m8 is working is. Just recently someone reported problems with
the serial to USB kernel driver. Weird.

> This 11is my ups.conf:
>  [ups]
>     driver = powercom
>     port = /dev/ttyUSB0
>     type = "USB"
>     modelname = BNT-800AP

As written before, I would prefer it if the patch would be changed to use

     type = "KIN-USB".

You never know if we might need to make a difference somehow.

[...]

> bInterfaceClass is set to HID, but usbhid driver does not works (it`s
> tested).

The usbhid-ups driver is only for HID Power Class Devices, which is a
subset of HID.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list