[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite Internet Office 350VA

Samuel Ventura samuel.ventura at vsys.org
Sun Dec 4 22:45:02 UTC 2005

This is a USB only ups.

I could not make it work with nut. So I put this daemon together.

Get it from http://www.vsys.org/sventura/dev/ at the bottom of the page.

Init scripts are gentoo based but I think it should be easy to adjust
them to any distro.

I am planning to integrate it with nut if I can find the time and there is
enough interest on it to justify the project.

This is a very entry level ups, nothing fancy, it can only tell you 3
states,
ONLINE, OFFLINE and PANIC. But it easily keeps a complete workstation
running for 5 minutes.

Here in Mexico it is hard to find a APC dealer. Nut supported Belkin
rs232 models
were available for a time frame and then discontinued if favour of
unsupported USB
ones. TrippLite installation cd refused to work on my gentoo box even
when linux
is listed as supported for that model.

You have to play with what you can get and this ups (TL350U) is very
popular. You
can find it even at departamental stores.

I hope someone can put this code to good use.

Regards