[Nut-upsuser] Setting up NUT to monitor under OS X?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Sat Apr 15 07:08:24 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has written a guide to installing nut on Mac OS X?
(or a binary package)?
I have a nut install on a linux box attached to a Powerware 5115 ups,
and that seems to be working ok.
I also have a Mac which I would like to be able to shut down when the power is failing.
I've read through the faq, and I understand how to configure client and server once the binaries are in place,
but I'm a little unsure about things like the appropriate way to create a nut user/group (do you do that through the account manager in system preferences? through niutil, or what)?
and where/how do you configure the appropriate binaries to start up and shut down correctly?
If anyone's done this before, and made notes they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate them.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Regards
Aaron