[Nut-upsuser] Way to override battery.charge.low?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:15:49 UTC 2006

2006/5/19, Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H <ml at t-b-o-h.net>:

> > [back from  disease vacation...]
> >
>         I hope everything is ok....

future will tell...

> > 2006/5/13, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> > > Arnaud, you are in charge of the mge-shut driver, right? Is this a
> > > writable value? -- Peter
> >
> > it depends on the model, but in the case of Scott, it's settable.
> >
>         I tried to set using the upsrw, and it told me it was read only.
> Is there something I need to do differently?

no, nothing. The driver discovers itself which variables are
writtable, and which are not.
I thought this var. was settable on Ellipse 1200, but a quick test
tell me that it's not. I might have confused with Ellipse Premium.

btw, the tech spec gives 4 mn of runtime at full load:
http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt120/1ph/ellipse/html/techspec.htm

So the only way to bypass it is to manage a software shutdown level,
as I've done in PSP. The SHUTDOWNCMD is empty, and you use upssched to
control the level each ie 5 sec.

Arnaud