[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Extreme communication problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon May 22 06:11:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:14, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> I am trying to talk to an MGE Pulsar Extreme UPS over RS232 with the
> mge-shut driver but I'm having some problems.

..
Well I figured out my shutdown delay problem - setting it starts the shutdown
process (this is different to the APC model which is what I have used in the
past)

I still can't turn the outlets on and off though, the value doesn't change
from 0 :( I have tried a few random numbers but no luck. Has anyone had this
work? I've tested it using the Win32 software and it does switch so I at
least know the hardware isn't broken :)

Also I think there is a bug in mge-shut.c - line 370 should read..
	if (!strcasecmp(cmdname, "test.battery.stop")) {

(ie cut and paste error)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum