[Nut-upsuser] Starting Network UPS Tools: (upsdrvctl failed) upsd upsmon ?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Mar 24 13:07:04 CET 2007

Theo G. Kanter wrote:

> Thank you Arjen for pointing this out. After reading up on the man pages,
> I also fixed the MONITOR line in upsmon.conf to pointing to [powerware] as
> defined in ups.conf.

Ooops. I missed that one, but you've found that out yourself already. Good!

> So I redid this having stopped upsdrvctl and then
> starting nut, now without the upsdrvctl problem but still with the lost
> communications problem (see below). Do you have any leads what might cause
> this or places to look/check?

You're still using nut-2.0.4, do you? It might be helpful to upgrade to
the latest stable version (nut-2.0.5), since some startup problems (the
server starting when the driver isn't ready yet) were resolved.
Unfortunately, your /etc/init.d/nut script sends all information startup
to /dev/null, so I'm not sure if this is the problem.

It may help to see if you can connect to the server, to see if it is
showing information from the driver

	upsc powerware at localhost

If all is well, this will display the variables your UPS supports.
Please post the output here.