[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 18 07:23:51 UTC 2007

>> Go for the development version. That has a much improved usbhid-ups
>> driver, which also allows for better debugging.
> I went looking for the Development version, and I'm afraid I'm a little
> confused. On the NUT site, it says the latest development version is
> 2.1, but the release I'm running is 2.2.0. Isn't my release newer?

No, the website is apparently outdated. If you click on the link, it will
take you to the trunk, which is currently at version 2.3.0.

> Also, there is a note with the Development Tree which says that it is
> now maintained in the Subversion repository on the Alioth server, but
> when I go to the Alioth server, there is no download available for
> NUT.

The best way to get the latest development version, is to install the
subversion client and then (by pointing at the repository) checkout the
version that is available from the trunk. Follow the instructions from

    http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

to grab the latest version from the trunk.