[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 550SL reports LB and OB when on line power

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Aug 2 13:30:14 UTC 2008

orangevixen wrote:

> It's a serial cable that came with my old UPS (an IBM UPS) which has
> since died. My new UPS (the Cyberpower CP550SL one) did not come with
> one so I'm using that old serial cable. I wrote to Cyberpower to get a
> new one but I'm not sure if they're going to send one or not.

Especially older UPSes (with contact closure type interfaces) use
special cables (where the wires are not connected straight through and
sometimes even a small electronic circuit is embedded in one of the
connectors). If the Cyberpower CP550SL is a fairly recent model, I would
try a straight through cable first (dedicated cables are prohibitively
expensive in low-cost applications).