[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C1250EITW-RK

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:07:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> I am looking at one of these, see:
>
>         http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=14622&category_id=216&manufacturer_id=0&tid=f6c1250eitw-rk#
>
>  I can't see it on the compatability list ... but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work:
>
>  * it could work, but it isn't on the list
>  * it could be listed under a different (perhaps US) part number
>
>  Can any one please tell me ?
>
>  It is *really* hard to tell.

It is hard for us to tell, also.

One of the issues that we have seen with several vendors - I forget if
Belkin has fallen into this trap - is that they will release a new
version of an UPS that is slightly incompatible (or in the case of
Tripp-Lite, completely incompatible) with previous versions, and they
will keep the same model number .

I guess I'm saying that it's a bit of an uphill battle - not
impossible, but we would need a very active user community to keep it
relatively up-to-date.

>  Could we have also listed:
>
>  * those that are known to NOT work ... ie we can avoid them

We usually find out about this when someone buys an UPS that they
think is supported, and it turns out that the innards have been
swapped out for something cheaper to manufacture.

Check with your local brick-and-mortar computer store to see if they
have a return policy that would let you try the UPS first. (With the
weight of a typical UPS, you probably won't find too many mail-order
houses where that would be a reasonable proposition for both parties.)

>  * what features do/do-not work. I have a Liebert that is listed as working, but there
>   are issues - I can't change the UPS parameters (ie what %age battery it announces a shutdown).
>   So it would be nice to have a notion of completeness.

Maybe this is something we can maintain in a wiki page when the new
networkupstools.org launches.

--
- Charles Lepple