[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower/powerpanel error: Data stale

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 29 21:16:47 UTC 2008

Citeren Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:

> The driver looks OK, and changing the timing (delays) in it is not going to
> help.

There is one slight problem in it. The ser_get_buf_len() that is used
will not differentiate between 'no characters read' and 'not enough
characters read'. It will either return the requested number of
characters or '-1'. This fooled me once again, so I think I will
rework that part. Lines 382 - 385 in powerp-bin.c are basically a
no-op now.

I think the best way to fix this, would be to change the
ser_get_buf_len() function in serial.c, as other drivers also seem to
expect that on timeout the number of characters actually read are
returned as well. I'll check with the other drivers that use this
function (and possibly others as well). I guess most drivers will
already check if the returned number of characters is what they
expect, so this should have little impact.

Something similar should be done for partial sending of data, although
here quite a couple of drivers don't seem to bother checking the
return code of the ser_send_* functions at all.

Please keep list traffic on the list