[Nut-upsuser] Network connection issue with NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:40:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM, tarbeite <tarbeite at fit.edu> wrote:
> Hey all
>
> Well I have my events all sending correctly now thank you very much :).

just to follow up, what was the solution?

> Next
> issue to arise is that I am trying to get my windows box to talk to the nut
> server on my opensuse 11 system. I have the service enabled in the firewall
> and the user accounts setup but every time I go to connect to the system it
> gives a connection lost error. When I  do an nmap query against opensuse the
> port for nut does not show up. I've taken down the firewall and the port
> still doesn't show up.

Please mention which version of NUT you are using - I know it can get
repetitive when you're posting a lot of questions, but it saves us the
trouble of searching for it every time.

Do you see any messages from 'upsd' in your system log?

Is port 3943 listed in the output of "netstat -ln"?

--
- Charles Lepple