[Nut-upsuser] Have an older Back-UPS Pro 1400(BP1400) can't get detailed info.

Brian Wagener cptanpanic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 14:18:23 UTC 2009

I built the latest stable 2.4.1, and the same results.  I am guessing it has
to do with not recognizing firmware version.

Here is the command line:  Note this is using ubuntu
$ ps auxwww|grep apcsmart
nut       6078  0.0  0.0   1956   496 ?        Ss   18:36   0:00
/lib/nut/apcsmart -a ups1

$ ./drivers/apcsmart -a ups1 -DDDD -u nut
Network UPS Tools - APC Smart protocol driver 2.00 (2.4.1)
APC command table version 2.0
debug level is '4'
Attempting firmware lookup
Not found in table - trying normal method
APC - Attempting to find command set
APC - Parsing out command set
UPS supports variable [ups.model]
poll_data: ups.model
UPS supports variable [input.quality]
poll_data: input.quality
UPS supports command [test.panel.start]
UPS supports variable [input.transfer.reason]
poll_data: input.transfer.reason
UPS supports command [shutdown.stayoff]
UPS supports command [shutdown.return]
UPS supports command [test.failure.start]
UPS supports command [test.battery.start]
UPS supports command [test.battery.stop]
UPS supports variable [ups.test.result]
poll_data: ups.test.result
UPS supports variable [ups.firmware]
poll_data: ups.firmware
UPS supports variable [ups.serial]
poll_data: ups.serial
APC - UPS capabilities determined
Detected BACK-UPS PRO 1400 [QB0306221917] on /dev/ttyS0
update_status
update_info_all: starting
poll_data: ups.firmware
poll_data: ups.model
poll_data: ups.serial
poll_data: ups.test.result
poll_data: input.quality
poll_data: input.transfer.reason
update_info_all: done
dstate_init: sock /var/run/nut/apcsmart-ups1 open on fd 5
update_status
update_info_normal: starting
poll_data: ups.test.result
poll_data: input.quality