[Nut-upsuser] I Need help configuring my UPS- Newbie!!

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Aug 28 12:27:43 UTC 2009

Citeren "John @ BER Ltd" <john op ber.net.nz>:

> I keep getting errors from the server regarding loosing and reconnecting
> with the UPS appx every 10 mins.

[...]

> Can anyone help regarding how to properly configure nut and to edit the
> config file.

The problem is not in the configuration file, it's the version of NUT
you're using. Before nut-2.2.2, the megatec/megatec_usb driver would
declare a UPS stale on the first error. Especially for USB, an
occasional error is normal (which may be due to EMI or plugging
another USB device) so the driver shouldn't warn about that if it can
reconnect immediately.

There is nothing you can do about this in the configuration file, you
need to upgrade NUT to version 2.2.2 or newer to fix this.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Please note that this is a members-only mailing list. In order to
post messages, you need to be subscribed. I have already subscribed
you now. See for instructions on how to unsubscribe, the welcome
message or the bottom of every message send by the mailing list.