[Nut-upsuser] Serial comm errors with bcmxcp on HP R3000 XR

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Fri Aug 28 16:07:01 UTC 2009

OK David,

> Kjell,
>
> Thanks for your time in replying.
>
> The cable is a regular commercial shielded cable and is only six feet
> long. Grounding should not be an issue, everything is on a single
> circuit with a single ground and is powered through the UPS itself, all
> in one cabinet, so all grounds should be at the same potential.

That is good. Should not be any problems.

Then the problem may be the polling frequency. The ups is sending
a lot of data for each request.  But as you are running it at 19200 it should
be OK.

I have my PW5125 on 9600 bps and have no problem.
What is your system spec ? Linux freebsd ?
Kernel version ?

I think there was some glitch around version 2.6.25 of the kernel
that make the serial port behave strange.

Can you relate the errors in the log to any activity? Is the time random
or is it spread evenly over time ?

> Attached is the debug information you requested.

Thank you for the info. It looks OK.
No errors that info is missing.

Older firmware may have some problems, but it look fine on yours.

Regards
Kjell