[Nut-upsuser] My previous post (lengthy, lots of tarace output)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 30 20:26:17 UTC 2009

Citeren Gene Heskett <gene.heskett op gmail.com>:

>> No, you didn't read the INSTALL file. These are the build in defaults
>> if you don't tell configure where it should install things.
> Ya mean its not the usual boilerplate? ;)  IMO the defaults should at least
> be sane.

The defaults are sane. It's actually good practice to install stuff to
/usr/local, to prevent people from accidentally overwriting the
version provided by a distribution. If you do want to install it in
the location that are used by *your* distro, you'll have to explicitly
tell configure where this is (since this varies with distribution and
architecture). Not all *NIX systems are alike.

[...]

> And if I don't, its no permissions on /var/state/ups, with, the rebuilt,
> reinstalled version works about 10% of the time, the rest of the time the
> device doesn't match.

Make sure there are no 'usbhid-ups' drivers running in the background.

Please keep list traffic on the list