[Nut-upsuser] New NUT user with HP R3000XR problem

Brother Railgun of Reason alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed May 27 02:21:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:51:31PM -0400, Brother Railgun of Reason wrote:
> ups.conf looks like this:
>
> [tokamak]
>     driver      = bcmxcp
>     port        = /dev/tty00
>     baud_rate   = 19200
>     desc        = HP R3000XR (main rack)

(Oops.  That's *after* changing to the 19200 rate the driver claims to
autodetect.)

> Am I using the correct cable here?  If not, what's the correct cable to
> use?

The other detail I forgot to add was that, just out of sheer
constructive paranoia, I tried using an APC 940-0024C cable instead of
the HP cable, which as far as I can tell with a DVM is just a dumb
serial cable wired all nine pins straight through.  With the HP cable,
the driver thinks it has comm sync at 19200, but upsdrvctl can't talk to
it; with the APC cable, the driver can't even establish communication at
all.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.