[Nut-upsuser] HP R3000XR battery charge levels?

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu May 28 20:16:22 UTC 2009

Hi again,
> Just a couple of values are bothering me here...  hoping anyone else
> with an R3000XR can advise.

Nice to see that you got it running.

> > battery.charge:  33.1
> > battery.runtime: 442
> > battery.voltage: 129.2

This may indicate a faulty battery in the pack.
You have 10x12volt, and it should go up to about 137 volt at
100% charge.
Also the runtime estimated by the ups is only about 7 min (443 sec).
And that is low as it is only loaded to 37,5%. That should be a runtime
at about 13 min.

> > ups.load:  37.5
> > ups.power: 1080.5
> > ups.power.nominal: 2900

This look OK. 1080.5 is about 37,5 % of 2900.

> 129.2V battery voltage?  Does the R3000 series use a line-voltage
> battery pack to avoid the need for step-up/step-down transformers?
No, it is the same battery-pack in the European 230 volt unit.

But one thing is bothering me:
>input.frequency.nominal: 60
>input.transfer.boost.high: 12
>input.voltage:  119.8
>input.voltage.nominal: 120

The value for input.transfer.boost.high: is way out of range.
The value is not reported in the meter map
And you don't have any trim, high or low point.
It should look like this.
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.transfer.boost.high: 207
input.transfer.high: 276
input.transfer.low: 184
input.transfer.trim.low: 243
input.voltage: 229
input.voltage.nominal: 230
(this is from a PW5115)

Also the serial number look strange. So I need to take look on the
driver.

> More to the point, though, is that battery charge level 33.1%?  And if
> so, if the UPS is only at 37.5% load, why is the charge just sitting at
> 33.1%?  Is that the expected output value, or a sign of a dying battery
> pack?
Think you have a dying battery pack.

/Kjell