[Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:15:51 UTC 2009

Hi Greg, Thomas and the list,

I've not forgotten you nor your issue.
It just took some time to gather a "faulty" unit and a bit of time to
reproduce your issue.

The good news is that I've commited a fix to the NUT development branch (aka
Subversion), in the release r2015.
The bad news is that your test and feedback is welcome ;-)

For more info on getting and compiling the development release:
http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r2003-144/website/download.html

Note that you don't need to install nut ; simply running from the build
directory is sufficient, using:
$ drivers/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a <ups name>

will tell you if your issue is solved. And I'm very confident that it will
indeed be solved.

cheers,
Arnaud
--