[Nut-upsuser] 2.6.31.4: USB/UPS connectivity issue on Intel DP55KG Motherboard [DEBUG logs included upsd/upsmon/usbhid-ups]

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Oct 20 19:20:41 UTC 2009

Citeren Alan Stern <stern op rowland.harvard.edu>:

>> Is there anything else I can do on my end?  Or is this with the nut
>> developers at this point?
>
> Well, there's nothing the kernel developers can do about it.  :-)
>
> The nut developers should try to follow up on the anomalies I found in
> the usbmon trace.

I'm afraid there is little the NUT developers can do either. If we
can't retrieve reports that should be available (according to the
report descriptor) and instead get 'broken pipe' from libusb, there is
little more we can do than trying to reconnect to the device.

What might be a problem here too, is that one should make sure that
either one instance of usbhid-ups is running at the same time (if only
one UPS is attached) or that each one uniquely matches a single device
(if multiple UPS are attached). Especially when debugging, make sure
to kill of any remaining instances to prevent them battling for the
same device.

If neither of the above applies, we need more hints on what to fix in
NUT. I'm afraid none of the developers has an idea what is going on
here and since we don't have access to APC units either, this likely
will not going to be solved without more help from a developer owning
such device.

Please keep list traffic on the list