[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SmartOnline 3U

Douglas Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:41:11 UTC 2010

Oops hit the button on my phone.

Another advantage to the converter is it can be moved to any brand the
supports serial and there is a nut driver for.

Doug

On Apr 7, 2010 1:37 PM, "Douglas Parsons" <doug at parsonsemail.com> wrote:

Greg,

Another option to look at is to use an ethernet to serial converter. Nut
works fine with these set up as a virtual serial port on the guest.

Your unit appears to have serial support according to the web and for most
of the cards I havd priced the converters are cheaper than the SNMP cards.
As a plus the converter can be

On Apr 7, 2010 10:23 AM, "Greg Terkanian" <gregt at crystalcomputer.com> wrote:

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org <nut%2Busers at de-korte.org>>:
> Somehow reading the report descriptor fails, eit...

> > Arjen, > Actually it does apply.  This is an Ubuntu machine on ESXi.  To
get around the difficu...