[Nut-upsuser] Setting Battery Runtime Low

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 15 12:59:57 UTC 2010

Citeren "Poulton, Stuart W.L." <swlp1 op leicester.ac.uk>:

> rcs-manage-1:/var/log # upsrw  phys-eaton
> [battery.runtime.low]
> Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
> Type: UNKNOWN (unrecognized)

The definition in the MIB to NUT mapping is lacking a type for this
variable. Clients expect it to be either a string or an enumerated
value and the driver doesn't report either. This needs to be fixed in
the driver, there is no workaround.

> I suspect from this that it may not be configurable.

Maybe, but until this is fixed in the driver it's a driver bug. Note
that the snmp-ups driver is currently in dire need of an active
developer taking over the maintenance. Since I don't have a SNMP
capable UPS, I can't really work on it other than the occasional fix
for an obvious problem.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)