[Nut-upsuser] Setting Battery Runtime Low

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:43:43 UTC 2010

2010/12/15 Arjen de Korte

> Citeren "Poulton, Stuart W.L.":
>
>  rcs-manage-1:/var/log # upsrw  phys-eaton
>> [battery.runtime.low]
>> Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
>> Type: UNKNOWN (unrecognized)
>>

> The definition in the MIB to NUT mapping is lacking a type for this
> variable. Clients expect it to be either a string or an enumerated value and
> the driver doesn't report either. This needs to be fixed in the driver,
> there is no workaround.
>

>  I suspect from this that it may not be configurable.
>>

> Maybe, but until this is fixed in the driver it's a driver bug. Note that
> the snmp-ups driver is currently in dire need of an active developer taking
> over the maintenance.

indeed, and a full rewrite is also needed, to support the subdrivers
approach as in usbhid-ups.
this would fix various issues and limitations, and would also unblock a few
patch that are stagging in my TODO stack.

> Since I don't have a SNMP capable UPS, I can't really work on it other than
> the occasional fix for an obvious problem.

well, your NMC (in the evolution) is SNMP capable (beside the XML/HTTP
channel).
depending on your exact card reference and FW version, it will expose a
minimum or full set of IETF + MGE MIBS.

Arjen: if needed, I can also check to send you a more suitable card, but I
know that you're already quite busy.
so up to you, you know who to ask ;-)

cheers,
Arnaud