[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Possible support for Trust 1300VA LCD Management UPS?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:22:14 UTC 2011

Hi David,

first, please keep the list posted. It's also probably better to use the
users list, instead of the developers one...

2011/8/29 David Quinn <d_a_quinn at yahoo.com>

> Arnaud,
>
> thanks for your reply. I am using @nut 2.6.1 according to macport.
>
> It seems that the problem i am having is permissions related. Here is the
> output I get…
>
> sudo blazer_usb -a trust-ups -DD -u root
> .
> .
> .
>    0.875195 Checking device (06DA/0003) (250/011)
>    0.886514 - VendorID: 06da
>    0.886526 - ProductID: 0003
>    0.886530 - Manufacturer: CTN
>    0.886534 - Product: USB UPS
>    0.886537 - Serial Number: unknown
>    0.886541 - Bus: 250
>    0.886544 Trying to match device
>    0.886554 Device matches
>    0.886926 failed to claim USB device: Permission denied
>    0.886937 failed to detach kernel driver from USB device: Function not
> implemented
>    0.887260 failed to claim USB device: Permission denied
>    0.887269 failed to detach kernel driver from USB device: Function not
> implemented
>    0.887590 failed to claim USB device: Permission denied
>    0.887598 failed to detach kernel driver from USB device: Function not
> implemented
>    0.887919 failed to claim USB device: Permission denied
>    0.887928 failed to detach kernel driver from USB device: Function not
> implemented
>    0.887932 Can't claim USB device [06da:0003]: Function not implemented
>
> I am currently running everything as myself (normal user), but as you see I
> get the error even with the -u root option.
> Incidentally I get *exactly* the same result without that option so perhaps
> i am barking up the wrong tree.
>
> I've been googling like crazy, but I can't find any OSX specific
> instructions that help much…

Charles may have an idea on that, since he's somehow our Apple expert.
I would like to know which libusb version is used (ie, 0.1 or 1.0).

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com