[Nut-upsuser] Fw: [Nut-upsdev] POWERCOM-UPS-USB : UPS Shutdown

Dinow Hsieh dinow at upspowercom.com.tw
Wed May 17 08:55:54 UTC 2017

Good Day Roger

AA.  notice that during the test, you have little or no load, since despite
being in state OB
 DISCHRG the battery.charge is still 100.  It's best to perform such tests
with a dummy load
such as a table lamp and an old fashioned incandescent 100 watt bulb.

==> Yes. I got it and try to ascend load as below results

dinow-All-Series:~# upsc pcmups
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 32
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.date: 2010/12/20
battery.runtime: 256
battery.type: PbAc
device.mfr: POWERCOM Co.,LTD
device.model: HID UPS Battery
device.serial: 004-0D9F-000
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.1
driver.version.data: PowerCOM HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.38
input.frequency: 0.0
input.voltage: 0.0
output.frequency: 60.0
output.voltage: 110.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.date: 2010/12/20
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 60
ups.load: 58
ups.mfr: POWERCOM Co.,LTD
ups.model: HID UPS Battery
ups.productid: 0004
ups.serial: 004-0D9F-000
ups.status: OB DISCHRG TRIM
ups.test.result: Done and passed
ups.timer.shutdown: 169
ups.timer.start: 755760
ups.vendorid: 0d9f

BB.  I wonder where the ups.delay.start: 60 comes from.  The NUT default
value
 is 30 secs, and you do not change the value in ups.conf.

==> I tried below set-command but it react fail

dinow-All-Series:~# upsrw -s "ups.delay.shutdown"="30" -u pcmups
pcmups at localhost
Password:
Unexpected response from upsd: ERR ACCESS-DENIED

==> Are there any behaviors that I should confirm ?

CC. Does a Ubuntu user with no xterm window open see the message as part of
the

==> The root and remote user(ssh-putty) get the broadcasting message all
from terminal-window

DD. I have tried below commands and the ups actually works (Battery test and
Beeper ON/OFF)

dinow-All-Series:~# upscmd -l pcmups
Instant commands supported on UPS [pcmups]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
load.on - Turn on the load immediately
load.on.delay - Turn on the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test

dinow-All-Series:~# upscmd pcmups test.battery.start.quick
Username (root): pcmups
Password:
OK
==> The ups run battery mode

dinow-All-Series:~# upscmd pcmups beeper.disable
Username (root): pcmups
Password:
OK
==> The ups turn off it beeper when its on battery mode

==> However, I command center 5 (load.on / delay / shutdown return / stay
off) but no any reaction occur

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to inform us.
Sincerely yours, May. 17th
Dinow Hsieh