[Nut-upsuser] NUT support for Solaris

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Feb 26 06:16:39 UTC 2018

On January 23, 2018 8:28:19 PM UTC, peter.chan at mitacis.com wrote:
>Hi
>
>I would like to know if NUT version 2.7.4 would compatible with Solaris
>10  version (1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC)
>

>Thanks,
>Peter Chan
>510-284-3118

Hello, sorry for a late reply.

I believe there should be no problem, Solaris was supported for ages and I routinely develop and test on OpenIndiana and OmniOS which should be close enough for any platform-related issues. There are even Makefile recipes to build an SVR4 package.

If you build from source, please consider testing PR branches https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/491 (if your system has no pkg-config installed) and https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/330 for better SMF instance support and report back how usable is that for you? ;)

Hope this helps,
Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android