[PKG-OpenRC-Debian] Refreshing the OpenRC package

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Oct 17 14:52:23 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 07:48 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> The build has again failed as mentioned in
>
> Can you guys please help ?
> In https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=765070, it is
> mentioned that dropping the dependency loop resolver patch fixes the
> crash. Can we drop that patch ? What is the intent of that patch ?

What happens is that LSB init scripts have many loops in the
dependencies, and this patch resolves / breaks the loops. So it makes
the boot process a way better, ordered in a correct way, by breaking the
"Should be started after" rather than the "Must be started after".

While I believe OpenRC would continue to work without it, I don't think
it's a good idea to remove the patch. Note that it's possible to disable
it in the config file though. So, worst case, we could disable it in
these arch where it fails.

Cheers,

Thomas