[PKG-Openstack-devel] Horizon patch: "Fix summation code to handle invalid data"

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Aug 12 06:04:23 UTC 2014

Hi Akihiro,

First of all, thanks a lot for your review work on the Django 1.7
patches for Horizon. This is very helpful to me, and for the Debian
packages.

How, the last one which didn't get approved is this one:
https://review.openstack.org/111932/

In your review comment, you're suggesting to just do a try / except
thing instead of defining safe_sum / safe_average functions. Do you
think you can then take over the patch, and write what you thought it
better? I'll review it, and integrate it in the Icehouse release of
Horizon, for which we need Django 1.7 support (so that Debian Jessie can
be released with Django 1.7).

Also, after all of these patches, there's still a unit test error which
concerns me when building with Django 1.7:

FAIL: test_update_project_when_default_role_does_not_exist
(openstack_dashboard.dashboards.admin.projects.tests.UpdateProjectWorkflowTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/zigo/sources/openstack/icehouse/horizon/build-area/horizon-2014.1.2/openstack_dashboard/test/helpers.py",
line 83, in instance_stub_out
    return fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/home/zigo/sources/openstack/icehouse/horizon/build-area/horizon-2014.1.2/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/admin/projects/tests.py",
line 1458, in test_update_project_when_default_role_does_not_exist
    self.client.get(url)
AssertionError: NotFound not raised

I haven't found a solution to that one yet. Do you have any idea why
it's doing this, and how to solve?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)