[PKG-Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-xstatic-d3_3.4.9-2_amd64.changes

Thorsten Alteholz alteholz at debian.org
Thu Aug 21 13:56:42 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

thanks alot for the explanation, now I understand better.

But now I stumble upon your debian/copyright. One __init__.py says that
the xstatic-d3 files have the same license as d3js. According to [1] the
license contains "* The name Michael Bostock may not (...)" and also
differs in other points from your BSD-3-Clause-block. Strictly speaking
you should not mention Radomir Dopieralski at all. And more strictly
speaking the xstatic-d3 tarball must contain the license of d3js. Maybe
you can talk with upstream about this. At the moment I am a bit hesitant
to mark the package for accept ...

   Thorsten

[1] https://github.com/mbostock/d3/blob/master/LICENSE